Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire and Rim Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Madbomber88, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 Full size Blazer which I am beginning to have some fun with. Right now it has the stock 31 inch tires. My question is whether I can fit 32's on 10 inch wide rims without trimming or lifting the truck. I know I can fit 32's on 8 inch rims with no mods. If I can, does anyone know if there is a picture of a pre existing truck with this arrangement. I know I want a wider stance, but don't want to go crazy lifting the truck. There's really no way to see how it would look before spending the money to put them on yourself and by then you are stuck with it. I want this to be trail ready, but it will also be my daily driver, which means a 6 hour commute to school a few times a year.

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

There's a lot of variables..rim offset, spring sag, tire brand and actual height...etc. I ran 32/11.50/15 Swamper TSL/SX's on 10 inch rims on my 76' but it may be higher than stock by a hair. 11.50 is probably gonna be widest you can find in a 32 unless ya really search. My smallish 33's gnaw the back of the front fenders a bit, but I wheel pretty hard.

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Go to the readers rides section and look to see if somebody is running that set up, I bet there is.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I ran 32x11.50 BFG mud-terrains on standard offset 15x10 American Racing aluminum rims for a while with no lift. I never noticed any rubbing but it was close. The truck was mostly a daily driver at the time and did not get flexed out.
    Prior to getting the 15x10 rims, I was running the factory aluminum 15x7 rims. The 10" rims definitely put the tires closer to the wheelwells when turning (back edge of the front wheelwells). It was easy to tell because the 10's made the tires rub at full lock steering on the mudflaps, while the 7's never did.

5. Madbomber88

6.2 Blazer

Thank you bery much for the info, that helps alot. Do you happena to have a picture of that setup anywhere on the net? Or maybe you could tell me if it looked pretty good and proportional. How badly did you mpg suffer? Again, thanks

6. Madbomber88

6.2 Blazer

Thank you very much for the info, that helps alot. Do you happen to have a picture of that setup anywhere on the net? Or maybe you could tell me if it looked pretty good and proportional. How badly did you mpg suffer? Again, thanks

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 6.2 Blazer

I don't have anything on the web that shows it, but personally I thought it looked pretty good. I don't know about the gas mileage because it had 32x11.50 tires when I bought it. One thing to remember is that the larger tires will throw off the speedo/odometer by a certain percentage (the bigger the tire the more it's off....), meaning the speedometer will read slightly slower than the actual vehicle speed and the odometer will show less miles than actually driven which results in the calculated gas mileage being slightly better than indicated. When I went with 33" tires my speedo was off by about 5 mph at 65 mph speed.

8. ONE2PLAY

ONE2PLAY Registered Member

On my 89 i had stock lift. I put 32x11.50s with 10 inch rims. When ever I turned sharp it would hit and cut my passenger side tire.