Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Balance ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big jimmy 91, Apr 19, 2005.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Ok , I have searched and read through alot of posts.

The problem I have is my tires are out of Balance/round?? ,which is causing DW at about 30mph.

they are stock ten bolts , and it gets going so violently that it's all you can do to keep it under control until you get slowed down or stop.

Now are there any back yard methods of balancing old used tires?

All the front end parts are tight except for the steering box shaft having a little play in it

Is there any new info out there? :ears:

Thanks

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

find the 2 best tires and put them on the frt.

and or go to a shop and if thay have a bubble balencer have them balence them with it. only if thay are bias tires . i am in the tire bissness and have found that works best for big bias tires like swampers.

3. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

*-Thanks , I forgot to mention that these are old 35X14 gumbo monster mudders

I know where there is an old manual bubble balancer but I am so poor right now the only way for me to do anything with them has to be free :blush:

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

jack up frt tire and spin by hand and look for the jumping up and down. then mark it good or o.k. or bad . then do other 3 and put best 2 on the frt .

and if bias get them warm first as cold thay will be flat spoted. run them for about 10-15 min to get warm and no flat spots. goodluck to ya buddy.