Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Carrier

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Jul 18, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Ok I couldn't find a bumper that would do what i wanted it to do, so i am building my own. It is a 4"x6" steel box and while i am at it i am building a tire carrier too. I am going to attach it to this so don't laugh at my bad ass sketches. All other steel other then the bumper is 2"x2" box steel. The bushings are 2" ones from offroad design. Which design do ya'll think is better for the hinge points. Bottom or top? Any other advice is appreciated too. And yes i know i made some pretty bad ass, to scale, perfect drawings of it!!!!! Thanks - Doug

Doug Krebs

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Sounds like a good idea. I tried to view the pic but all I got was jibberish. Is it my computer or the Pic?

3. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

Not a bad idea the guy you need to talk to is white knight he buit a rear bumper with a tire carrier and it is really nice so he might be able to point you in the right derection .

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com