Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire clearance???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UTmobile, Aug 12, 2002.

1. UTmobile

UTmobile Registered Member

will 36x14.5 rub with a 6" lift, or will i possibly have to do some minor finder trimming? i've seen 35's on a 4" so i have no doubt about the overall clearance, im just wanting to make sure i will not have any rubbing at all whenever i turn or anything like that.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You wont know untill you do it. Many factors affect this such as backspacing on rims, do you have a swaybar?, what kind of springs?, are you running 454 with heavy winch on front?, in the rocks or in the mud? Chances are you'll be just fine but you might have to do some slight trimming on the very bottom on the back of the front fender for when your turning into a parking lot or something. Then again, you might be OK.

3. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" susp and 1" body lift and 36x12.50. I trimmed front fenders for a extra clearance but it wasnt necessary for street driving.

4. Mr7dblzero

Mr7dblzero Registered Member

difference between a 8\" lift to a 12\" lift

I have a 1985 K20 Suburban. I have a 8" Superlift w/38TSL's.It drives alright on the street but when I go on the sand or mud my tires get sliced away by the fender's. I really don't want to trim my fender's or put flares. No this is a stupid decision but now I wanna put a 12" lift. Can I still use my steering arm, shocks, ext brake lines? Does the lift come with a rear 12"spring or does it just come with a rear block and shims and use my 8"spring? I know it comes with a front spring. Let me know.

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Alot of factors play on that Q's! I have 38.5x14.50x15 TSL/SX's and they cleared after I trimmed my fenders, The added 2" body lift was for the sole purpose of rerouting my exhaust system.
    Bill C

6. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I run 38/15.50's on 16.5x9.75" rims(std B.S...about 4").I have an 4" lift(sort of...I removed 1 leaf for flex).I extremely cut my fenders by removing the inner wheelwells and cutting all the way to the firewall.I have no rubbing and I've run some nasty rock-crawlin' trails.With 14.50 overall width on a 10" std.wheel,I'd say you will still have to do some good trimming and/or a body lift(1").How much do you like your fenders?LESS IS BETTER!!Mike