Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire deal: Buy 3 BFG MT or procomp, get one free.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Dec 6, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

I know four wheel parts wholesalers doesnt have the best reputation on this board but a deal is a deal. The store in salt lake (I'm assuming all stores) has a 4 for 3 deal on any BFG MT or Procomp at or mt tire.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I saw that and I have to tell you...I'd rather pay $800 a tire than get any kind of "deal" at 4WPH

Last time i was in there...returning parts!!!...took a look at the pro comp tires. Those look remarkably similar to Cooper SSTs...which I'd rather have anyday over BFGs. Just not at 4WPH.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

3. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Ok then.

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i am saving my money for some good year wrangler MT/R.
    im a fan of those puppies!
    any comments on them?

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey man you may have better luck with them than I did, if you do more power to ya. But like I told them the last time I went over there, I won't ever be back and I'll tell everyone I meet how terrible their service is. If you were to just buy tires and they were in stock, then maybe. If they're doing road hazzard and all that, no way, I sure wouldn't do it. Discount tires in Texas has great deals, they do price matching and are no questions asked most of the time. Might try them before you jump in with 4WPH if you have one in your area.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

6. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

We have had good luck with everything that we bought at 4 Wheel Parts if they didn't go near our trucks. When they installed it the service and quality was bad, but when we bought it and installed ourselves it was pretty good cause we got alot of discounts for various items. Wouldn't recommend having anything installed though!!

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I like the local 4WPW just because of the prices - they are the Wal-Mart of the 4WD world. I go there when I don;t want to pay for shipping on a product.
    On the other hand, Discount Tire DOES have great prices on tires. I bought my Mud Kings from them for less than the advertised prices in the magazines! I'll probably buy my Swamper radials from them too, when the time comes.
    The manager at the local 4WPW rocks, he'll BS with you about just about anything. The sales people act like they're doing you a favor just by talking to you.
    It's that kind of world, just run over the people you don't like. :)
    -- Mike

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

LAKETEX - What parts did you have to return? They gave you the wrong part, it was defective, or what?

9. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

No doubt about it I love discount tire. Ive bought all my tires from them in th past. They are however having a hard time getting these pro-comps. I'm impresed by their severe weather rating so im gonna experiment a little. As a compromise, I'm gonna get the 4 for 3 deal, bring them to discount tire, there i'm gonna get them to order mickey thompson classic 2 15x10's for 109.00(great price also), have them mount them and get the lifetime balance. So I gues everyone is gonna get a little of my money.

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

TXMudder- I've had a few bad experiences with them. First one was when I ordered the RS9012s during their buy 3 get one free deal. I was excited to get in on this deal until the parts never arrived in the mail. I called them and after about an hour of holding on the phone through several sales reps, found out they'd never been entered in the computer and alas, the deal was already over. But they'd be happy to order me a set at regular prices. Yeah right.

Next time was the pro-comp ss brake lines. I gave them all the info just saying they were for a '73 3/4 ton truck. yall that have done axle swaps know that it's just easier that way. Well they come and I have the rearend installed, the front connected up top, and the banjo bolts won't go through the holes. It's been 3 months since reciept of the parts and I take them to the plano store for trade in. They give me all kinds of crap about being too long, being out of the shrink wrapping, ect but finally give me a check.

Then I ask the clerk if I can see a set of 13/38/16 Swamps to see if they're the wide TSL or close TSL pattern. He tried to inform me that there was only one variant of the TSL bias pattern and then said if I wasn't serious about buying them, he wasn't going to show them to me. What an attitude.

Of course the guy down the counter was nice as heck, dealing with a $2500 TJ sale. Us po' boys just don't get a break.

I've been to the plano, dallas, and Okc stores and have yet to find a helpful representative that really wants to help me find the RIGHT part for my truck.

Sorry for so long winded, but you asked.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok

11. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Shum,

Thanks for notifying us of the deal. I dont think that 4WPW is a great place but we all need to hear a good deal when it comes along. Maybe we should get a forum for great deals that any of us find.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"