Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire dilemma...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wheelingdrummer, Apr 13, 2007.

1. wheelingdrummer

wheelingdrummer 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I need some help on choosing the right tires…:thinking:

So I could buy some new 41” Radial Irok’s, with new 16” black rims for $1,840.

Or, I could buy some used 39.5” Bias Ply TSL which are grooved and on 15” allied beadlocks with 3.5” backspacing, never been driven on the street with about 95% tread for $1,450 (price semi-negotiable).

I will be driving on the street to the trail and will be going to Moab in May driving on these tires.

I know that the grooved tires will be VERY helpful off-road but they are bias ply, and I will be driving on the street. Being grooved, will they help street driving or make it worse.

This is my 2nd/3rd vehicle and will only be driven to the trail or just for fun. Is saving the $440 worth it?

Advantages……..Disadvantages…….

I know a lot of this is a matter of opinion but I thought I would get a few other opinions. Any help is great, Thanks!:D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. bbck5on37s

bbck5on37s 1/2 ton status

GET THE TSL's!!!!

Oh and i like the Rear setup thats on that truck... Just might have to use something simaler on mine...

3. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

Those are the TSL's for sale over on, oops better not spoil your purchase:D
    They look good, knock the price down and get 'em!
    I got those 42's(also grooved now on Bo's truck) and 32 bolt rockstomper beadlocks off Craigslist for $1200, but that's still a good price for 39's & wheels, my $.02

4. wheelingdrummer

wheelingdrummer 1/2 ton status

So are the TSL's over-priced.........which one would you choose if you had the option?

Just need a second opinion....thats all.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

don't think the TSLs are overpriced. If its a trail only truck, radial tires make no sense, so save yourself that expense and look at Bias IROKs if you don't buy the TSLs.