Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Fairy Gave Me a visit today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TK5, Apr 27, 2003.

1. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I've been looking to buy new tires and had my mine on a set of the Mickey Thompson MTX at pretty good deal. But I had picked up a Area wide Traders Post on Friday, but I only started looking at it today. Just as usual, I go straight to the truck and parts section. I read through the section and I came to an ad that listed 5 Brand New Pro-Comp Radial MT's never mounted for $400. This can't be true, they made a mistake on the ad. After 5 phone calls to the individual, I finally got in touch with him. Sure enough just like the ad said $400 for 5 Brand new ProComp Radial MT's. I jumped a the chance, cashing checks all over town to get them tonight, not letting them get away. They still have the blue on the white letters ,the stickers and spider webs to go along. He purchased them about 4 months ago.

The guy that I got them from had a K5 Project that he was going to put them on, but sold the blazer before it was finished. He found them stacked in a corner in his shop. He's into street rods now.

I asked why he was selling these so cheap? He ask me did I want to pay more?

Moral of the story is to keep shopping around until you find the best deal!!!!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what size are they?

3. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

They are 315/75/16.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nice buy, have fun with em /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

I had those on mine before I went to 8 lug, they're good tires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif