Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire fitment?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jerseyk5, Feb 28, 2001.

1. jerseyk5

jerseyk5 Registered Member

Will 36 x 16.50 x 15's fit on 15 x 10 rims or do would I have to go with 15 X 12's?

2. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

You need the 15X12 rim. The tire will probably have that specified on it.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I had some Dick Cepek's fun country's that were 36x16.50x15.... I have 15x12's rims and they fit that just fine. I loved those things but gawd they ate up quick and cost a pretty penny!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

4. jerseyk5

Did you have the fun country radials? I have the 36 x 15 x 15's fun country radials on 15 x 10 rims and I've had them since 1992 and the only reason I need new ones is that the side walls are dry rotting.

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've seen several trucks with 15x10's on really wide tires. Mostly in magazines. And some were definitely not show trucks.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

I ran 36x15x15 swamper radials on 15x10 AR-69 wheels on my J@@P and never had a problem!

baldbandit

My site is still under construction!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.baldbandit.coloradok5.com>http://www.baldbandit.coloradok5.com</A>

7. ChevyCaGal

I had the Fun Country Kevlar ones....the front ones lasted a really long time. The rear ones, especially the left one wore out faster then I expected. But of course they are pretty soft to be used for daily driving so I shouldn't have been so surprised. I didn't really get the dry rot but they did crack which is the only bad thing I can say about them. I loved them and when I can get the bucks for another set I am going too. I think I still have one out back somewhere and will check the tire for the rim size it will fit...I should let you shortly what it says..... :-)

8. jerseyk5

Man, i must be behind the times. I thought the kevlar Dick Cepeks just came out about a month ago when Mickey Thompson bought the Cepek line?

9. ChevyCaGal

The kevlers are the exact same thing as the radials (according to the Central 4Wheel Drive here). I actually had the radials if you wanna get all technical but they are now called kevlers. If he was going to go out and look for them and buy them he'd ask for that not radials.....and by the way the size on mine says it is specified for 12Jx15 rim size. I think they go for about $300 a piece give or take $25 bucks depending where you look.