Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire info please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drwako, Feb 24, 2004.

1. drwako

drwako Newbie

I'm trying to keep a 16 year old out of the limelight (go un-noticed by the cops) with his first truck ... a 1994 Jimmy 4.3 . He wants larger than stock tires. Can anyone tell me the largest size tire I can go to before I need a lift kit? What size rims for that tire?
    Thanks ahead of time ... dad is very open to modifications but doesn't want to spend most of his retirement and time in court ....thanks

2. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have a friend with a bravade and thats about the same think and he has 235's on his and they are bout as big as you can go. I have another friend with a s10 blazer that has a 2inch lift and 30s there isnt much room for bigger tires on them.

Thanks
    CLint

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Its the skinny pedal that gets ya in trouble, not the tires! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. drwako

drwako Newbie

yeah maybe when you're a little older it is ...when you're 16 it's whether or not daddy looks rich that causes the cops to take notice

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Well you can put on some 33" mudders and they should rub so bad your son can't get over 20 MPH. 235-75-15 is about the biggest you want to go on a stock one. The 30" and up are a good jump in price also.

6. cuzinjay

cuzinjay Registered Member

my cuz had 31x10.50x15 on his stock s10. They were a futura dakota they did real well for him. I run the same tread on my 3/4 ton and I like then. I think they are great on the road in snow and do fairly well offroad.
    Don't forget a tow stap, because boys will be boys. I know I still havin't grown out of the I think I can make it stage.We got one hole I've been stuck in more times than I can count and I still give it a try from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I got a set of 235's by something by 15- same as the explorer tire sizes. 50 % tread left, give them to you for 80 bucks + shipping. Dunno where you are though.

patrick_wang@yahoo.com

8. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    My friend has a 3" body lift in his S10 Blazer, and a set of 31's that fit w/o any rub.