Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire issues with our 99 burb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Dec 26, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

On Christmas Eve, I planned on taking my stepdads 99 burb, fill it with some landscaping blocks from my house, and bring them to my buddys in NH. Well, he`s always had a tire that was a little low, so I got out the little compressor and filled it up, and as we filled it, we notice 2 gashes, about 1" long, and you could see the metal strings:eek1: . So got out the jack, swapped the spare on, then took off, and the truck started wobbling...So I think the tires really out of balance. I just took it off again, made sure nothing was wrong, and put it back on, took it around the block, and still does it. But my question is, can I put the spare thats in my Blazer on it??? or is it different? Its a 99 1500 burb

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ttt,gettin late......would like to do it if possible, but i dont feel like setting up the spot light, etc. if its not going to work...I just want to make it so he feels safe going to work for tomorrow so we can figure out what to do for a tire...

3. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

if you need to really quickly balance a tire, break the bead and throw in about a dozen golf balls. everyone will tell you that tyou are crazy and that it's too much weight, but it won't hurt anything and you only have to do this once.

i'd replace that sidewall cut tire as soon as i could.