Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Lock??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lance, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I did a search on this subject and saw the information put up by titanic, Grim Reaper and Depdog on this bead lock system. The post was about 2 years old and described the system pretty well and listed a distributer but, it didn't list a cost. Anybody have a ball park figure for it? What about your opinions of the system in the long term? Pros / Cons? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's a very cool system, but they cost $770 for a set of 4. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You can find out more at http://www.tireloc.com/ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Holy crap! $770 dollars for 4. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Well, actually when you think about it, that is not really all that bad. I mean Trail Ready bead locks in my size are about $250 a piece. I was just hoping for something more so in the $100 - $150 price range per tire. Oh well, just one more thing added to "The List". /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Do you run these? What is your opinion of them? BTW, thanks for the link.

Lance

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Nope, I don't run 'em, for the same reason you won't for a while. I've got a LOT of other things in line ahead of them to spend the $770 plus shipping on!

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Daniel over at USA 6x6 has hummer beadlocks with any back spacing for $165 each. Also, PM Shaggy, as he was trying to get a group buy together.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, PM me or look at the post in The Bloody Knuckle! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

7. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Well this sucks! I thought about Hummer wheels for a while but, everything I had read said the wheels were cheap but the mods were very expensive. Didn't sound like a good option for me at the time. Now I find out I can have them for a little more than a set of aluminum wheels. Why couldn't this have come up a month ago? Arrrggghhh....