Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire mounting question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Jan 24, 2006.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

My tire guy has had the 36/13.5/15 Iroks since yesterday. He's claiming that he's having difficulty seating the beads. What gives here? Right now he's got them in the sun warming them up. Is there some kind of trick to getting the bead to seat? The tire says to use a 15X10 wheel, which I have and they are steel.

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Are the tires factory blems? The bead might be out of round. Did you get them in a tire store or mail order?

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I got them from Offroad toystore online. Not blems. Also realize that this tire guy doesn't do many tires in the first place, and especially large off road tires. I gave him the job because I didn't know there was any tricks to mounting tires.

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

There shouldn't be any tricks. Should be a simple, straightforward installation.

The only thing I can think of is that the hole got tweaked out of round during shipping.

Either that or the guy has no clue what he's doing. :rolleyes:

5. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

My guess is the guy is clueless to what he is doing with them.

6. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it. I'll give him another try and then just pick them up. I guess I should have known better.

7. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Well, he gave up. Now I gotta find a place that's willing to mount tires that I didn't buy from them. Great.

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

If they are mounted, all you need to do is put a big ratchet strap around the tire, in the middle ot the tread, and tighten it up. Then add air. You can to the kerosene bomb trick, but you don't have to. Just make sure that the stem is not holding the bead off.

9. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

He only mounted one of the tires and after his mumbling I said, "thanks anyways, I'll go elsewhere". He suggested I take them to a place that does big tires all the time like 4WPH, but instead I just took them to Big-O which is by my house and in an hour I'm gonna go pick them up. Stay tuned for my new bling pics and specs. Brand new baby! The first one I watched him mount and damm it looks bitchin!