Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire opinion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4dreamer, Sep 11, 2002.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

my truck came with a brand new set of Goodyear Wrangler GSA's on it. I haven't had the truck offroad yet, but do plan to start wheeling in the near future. Does anyone have any opinion on these things. I know they have the triple tread design and all that, and I'll probably wear these out before I buy some 35 boggers or something more aggressive.
    Just curious.
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I run GSA's on my 70 Pontiac LeMans if it's the same tire. I don't recall mine saying Wrangler on them, I think they say Touring. 225x75 R15. They Smoke real nice /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Probably not to bad a tire for sand but they will stink in the mud.

3. 4x4dreamer

no, mine are P265/70R17 and they are wrangler's. I found them on the Goodyear site. They're listed under SUV truck tires.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i looked at them, kinda streetish lookin and they will suck in the mud don't even bother with mud with those things. otherwise you should do alright they're basically an all terrain.

about other tires, if you plan on driving the truck on the road don't buy boggers. i run 36x12.50 superswamper TSLs and they aren't bad, loud but not bad. but boggers would suck bad on the road.

5. 4x4dreamer

My truck is my driver when I have my kids and when it's raining or there's another reason why I can't ride the motorcycle. It's going to be my wheelin' machine also one of these days. I'm gonna run these tires bald before I buy new ones, and I'm not doing that until I get 1 ton running gear, so I can get a lift without fear of breaking something, so I can get lower gears, so I can run bigger tires, so I can put discs on the rear, so I can......

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a set of these on my daily driver, they were the OEM tires. They wear good on the road and are quiet but pretty much suck in the mud.

7. 4x4dreamer

Oh, well at least I live in Florida where there's hardly any mud....oh...wait....crap!!

8. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Get rid of those street queen tires for something more aggressive, at least something like BFG at's or general grabber ap's.

9. 4x4dreamer

Yeah, well I want to get like 35's or 38's, but I"m not doing that until I can put a lift on and I'm not doing that until I get better axles. I have a plan /forums/images/icons/smile.gif