Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire opinions please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smalltruckbigcid, Mar 17, 2005.

1. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Tire opinion wanted on BFG mud terrain km's vs. pro comps mud terrain tire. The reason I 'm limiting the choices to these two are simple, I can get either of them to my front door $515. for 35's, so I 'm being a cheap sob....
    The driving type will be mostly DD and some mud but lots of snow and ice in the winter because I live in Minnesota. any experiences are helpful
    George

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

With those 2 choices for those 2 tires I say hands down the BFG MT's.

Harley

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My friend and I run DD's very similar to each other. Mine is a '93 F/S Blazer with 33" BFG A/T's. His is a '92 1/2 ton with 33" BFG M/T's. Both work pretty well in mud and snow. My A/T's do way better on ice but his M/T's do a little better in mud and deep drifts. If you're driver is going to see very limited mud time I'd almost recommend an A/T, it won't clean as well in mud but that just means you've gotta spin 'em faster. :grin: But seriously, I've never been anything but impressed with BFG tires. I'd stick with 'em hands down.

4. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I have never owned the Pro Comp but have owned BFG before the KM's came out. They were a good tier for a dd that was a weekend warrior. It seems like Pro comp and their marketing ploys of the buy 3 get one free and rip you off the rest of the time is BS, I dont like that kind of busness.