Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire patch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4xrick, Feb 4, 2004.

1. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

so I have an almost new set of 53x12.50/a5 wild country txls and i was rotating them one got set of to the side and droped on a nail and it went right through the side wall, I went to les schwab and they said they cannot patch it because of liability issues, I dont use the truck for anything other than wheelin does anybody know if there is anyway of patching/fixing this? I appreaciate any input thanks
    Rick /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

keep trying different shops, someone will probably do it for ya, especially if you knew them. Can also tube it if you had too....

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The liability issue (as I currently work for a large tire co.) isn't with you. It is with the other sue happy a-holes out there. You can find a small private used tire shop and most of them will do it as they only have overnight liability. Just be aware that the tire is not perfect in the eyes of an insurance investigator at an accident.

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i guess i will try to find a small shop around that will do it I rarely ever drive the thing and when i do it is only to go out wheelin so not much of a accident (on-road) happening there. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ok so i cant type i see a made a little mistake in the tire size not that it matters 35x12.50/15 wild country txl /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so I have an almost new set of 53x12.50/a5 wild country txls and i was rotating them one got set of to the side and droped on a nail and it went right through the side wall, I went to les schwab and they said they cannot patch it because of liability issues, I dont use the truck for anything other than wheelin does anybody know if there is anyway of patching/fixing this? I appreaciate any input thanks
    Rick /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

thanks andrew thats a big help /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i was rotating them one got set of to the side and droped on a nail and it went right through the side wall,quote]

Side wall punctures are not repairable. As the tire flexs the patch will lose its seal. This can be a very dangerous situation, when you hit a bump and the tire flexs and the side wall zippers open. This is especialy dagerous on a lifted vechicle. If the tire were to suddenly lose all its air pressure, the axle will drop (on a 35 about 9 inchs) this will cause the weight to shift and can easily result in a roll over. Do not fix the tire replace it, Is your life or your familys life or the family in the lane next to you worth the price of a new tire?

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

They will pro rate the replacement bro. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif