Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire presure help...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 17, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alrighty, i whant some segestions on good all puprose air presure to run in my 28" bias ply TSLs on my luv. I whant it so that the entire tred contacts the road for most millage out of the tires. I run 24psi in my 33s on my f-150, so i run about that same or less on my luv? Thanks for the help, oh and if it matter curb wieght on the luv is 2600lbs.

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Well, theres different ways to do that.
    You can check the tire pressere when its cold and after driving it for awhile. If the pressure went up, you need to add more air until it stops doing that. This can take awhile to get it right.

Second is you can coat an area of the tire (or road) with chalk and roll over that area and look to see if the tire tread is fully covered.

Third (my favorite way) is to do a burnout and look at the patch it left in the road. If its just the outer edges, add air, if its just the center, remove air.

Fourth, watch the tread wear and adjust pressure as necessary. Problem here is alignment can cause wear issues not associated with pressure.

There was some posts here recently about this...might try a "search" for tire/air pressures etc and see what comes up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Best gas mileage will be with more air (less rolling resistance) best tire wear