Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Question!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by berg76, Aug 4, 2003.

1. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

I have some TSL Radial 36x12.50x16 tires. Interco's website shows that they need a 16x10 rim to run on. Is there a serious drawback to running them on 16x8s????? will it just pop the bead easier? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

-jason

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

No serious drawbacks. mat make the sidewalls bulge a little and you might have to experiment with air pressure to get them to wear evenly on the street. I know many people run 12.50 tires on 8" wide rims with no problems whatsoever. Actually it will be harder to break the bead /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i run 38x13x16in tsl's on my rims and the rims are 6.75x16in and i air down to around 6psi when in the sand and 12psi on the trails and have never lost a bead /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Its great having answers to those pondering /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif questions in only a few minutes!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks
    -Jason

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i have 33inx14 16's on factory rims. i ordered rims when i bought the tires but after a month and a 1/2 of waiting i said screw it put them on the stock rims.this is my super duty by the way ,skinny ass rims.the factory tires were 31in. so i should have got the 35's. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif