Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire rotation...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by amm888, Sep 2, 2002.

1. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i've got 35" conti-trac radials that i'll be pullin off today to check the brakes. is there anything special about tire-rotations for these big-#ss tires? or is it just like my lil' camry, i.e., switch front and back but keep them on the same side...

hope you all aren't getting too sick of my incredibly simplistic questions /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

alex

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

That's the way I do it. I have seen where the front drives goes to the back passenger and the back passenger goes to the front drivers or something like that though. I just go front to back because it's easier and it's allways worked for me.

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Radial tires should be rotated (unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer) by moving the fronts straight back and crossing the rears on the way to the front. Bias ply tires should always stay on the same side of the vehicle. Same for directional tires.