Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by edman87, Dec 11, 2002.

1. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

Tire ?\'s

I am wondering what kind of tires anyone would recommend for a daily driver/ occasional warrior? I plan on running 33x12.5x15 I want somthing that won't have to be replaced every 10,000 miles. Leaning toward new BFG mud terrain T/A-KM or possibly swamper trxus mud terrain. Currently running Rem mud brutes. I really like the BFG's but they are pricey and cheap bias tires are not an option. A buddy of mine has a set but only has 5,00 mi on them .What kind of mileage could I expect out of theese 2 or can someone recommend anything else. Thanks, ed

2. Re: Tire ?\'s

For a daily driver I would strongly suggest BFG allterains. Of cours that would be the smart all around choise, or you could do like me and run Boggers. Not so smart but oh how fun,

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: Tire ?\'s

I ran the BFG's for years. And I mean years. They still had tons 'o tread when I sold them. The only reason I did sell them was the 1 ton axle upgrade. If they made a 38" BFG all-terrain, I would consider getting a set for daily driving.

4. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

I considered the BFG all-terrain and have had a set in the past, only 1 drawback-NO bite. Would the mud terrain last almost as long as the all terrain?

5. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

BOGGERS!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT TRACTION!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i ran BFG mud terrains on the road for a while (35 inch) and i loved them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. no question about it, run the mud terrains unless your only running on the street. the tread life wasn't as good as my dads all terrains. but for the advantage of the better tread who cares if they only last 20000 or so miles as compared to the 30000 or something of the all terrains..

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Walmart tires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They's cheap enough not to care if ya gotta get new'en every year or 2. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG] 33" s of Walmart tires

8. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    BOGGERS!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT TRACTION!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BFG's are expensive because you get what you pay for with tires. Generally cheap tires are cheap for a reason; weak sidewalls, tread chunking, sidewall cracking, etc.

9. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I'm running Uniroyal Laredo M/T's. 21,000 miles on them, and still have about 90-95% tread left.

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

heck i'm runnin 36x12.50 swamper TSLs on the road and don't mind em. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif they're fun!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

11. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I'm running those TRXUS (got them from 90blzr and he's from down in your area /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) and I love them. I was running the BFG mudders and thought they were pretty quiet. Turns out the TRXUS were way quieter! I ran them in the dunes and they held up really well too. They are also already siped so they would typically be better in the rain. Almost like an all terrain tire. They are supposed to have a thicker sidewall than the BFGs too...
    Send 90blzr a PM and I'm sure he'll cut you a great deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif