Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire size and axle ratio

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by YELL78, Nov 22, 2005.

1. YELL78

YELL78 Registered Member

Hey guys just a quick couple of questions i just did a 3 inch suspensin lift and now im looking at tires but i am wondering if i run 35s with 3.73s is it going to kill my power and also i have a 12bolt and i keep hearing everyone going to 14FF but i want to know if the 12bolt and 35s is pritty reliable with moderate wheeling?

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Very, just carry a spare shaft.

3. SUPER'BURB

SUPER'BURB 1/2 ton status

As of last week I am running 3:73's with 36" tires (Just wanted to feel the differance) and I decided to go back to the 4:10's but many peolpe do it. As for the 12 bolt I beat on mine for a long time before it broke (and that was during a slide into a rut) just be carful with the right foot and carry parts.

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I have been running 35s and 10 bolts with 3.08. I've been easy on the skinny pedal. Take offs on the street are real slow, but I always run in 4 low on the trails and it works fine for me. Run the 12 untill you break, then swap a 14FF in.

5. stano

stano 1/2 ton status

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

that is what i say.. I have 40" hawgs which measure a true 38.8 and im running 4.56's..... drove to work the other day... mainly 45mph-65mph and got 11mpg.... max i turned was 2700rpm.... so alot of people say go with 5.13 or lower... well hello.... alot more rpm's... my truck isnt a xtreme 4x4 so I dont need to worry bout xtreme low gears.... that is why i have 4wd low.... plus i like mud.... and lower gears = less tire spin = not alot of momentum in mud.......

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i had 3.73s with 35s and could lay rubber when i got on it never felt a lack of power. now ive got 5.13s :D