Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Size for my new K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cua757, Jun 30, 2000.

1. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

Okay, I know everybody is probably totally sick of discussing tire sizes, but I am a newbie to the K5 scene and would like some info from someone in the know. Just wondering what is the maximum tire size I can shoehorn into a K5 Jimmy with a four inch lift and stock fenderwells. There are 33's on it now but they look a little small. Also, is there a problem with the alignment if bigger tires make the truck shimmy at speed? (I have to replace the ball joints if that helps at all...) -would appreciate any advise.

Gonna Get me a Machine...

2. okie

okie Registered Member

i am running 33's with a 2 inch skyjacker, so 35's should fit with a 4" a 1" body lift is pretty cheap for a little extra clearance, and it isn't so much that it looks tacky, if you have some back issues of 4wheeler they did a blazer build up with 35's.....okie

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

uhh 35's would look pretty cool i think....

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=blue>Burnett</font color=blue>
    cameronburnett@hotmail.com

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I think 35's would fit. Had 33's on an 89 blazer that was stock, only rubbed on full compression. Tires may not be balanced correctly, this would cause a shimmy.

5. Overdrive

Overdrive Registered Member

I moved from 32s to 33s to 35s (BFGs MTs for 33 and 35)on my previous 77' K5 and a 4" lift. The 35s fit, but if you are cornering (close to full lock) and hit a bump you will hit the rear front fender. I have read and believe that you would need to slightly trim the rear front fenders. 4-Wheel & Off-road had a really goot article on fender trimming for the older chevys. Can't remember the issue though. I will look around.

Those 35s look really sweat under the fenders! I had no "shimmy" problems with any of the tires. Just got progressively harder to stop the thing! On my latest 77 K5 I just put a 4" lift on but I think I will stick with 33s.

Overdrive

6. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you do mostly street driving, you can get away with 35's. If you want to do any type of serious fourwheeling besides just mud, you will either have to trim the fenders or stay with 33's. The 33's would rub on my '90 with a 4" Skyjacker kit when fully flexed out and required trimming the fenders slightly. I had to hack them out more when I went with 35's.

7. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

i've seen blazers with 4 inches of suspension lift and 40s. They did have 3 inches of body lift and fender trimming.

[​IMG]chevy4x4[​IMG]
    http://4x4.coloradok5.com