Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire size question. *DELETED*

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1bigchev, Mar 25, 2003.

1. 1bigchev

1bigchev Registered Member

Post deleted by 1bigchev

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Re: Tire size question.

You want 38.5s and have 10" of lift........... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Greg72 has I think 8 total inches of lift with 38.5s and I will hopfully have 39.5s or bigger with 6". Of course Greg didn't "need" to cut and I will. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

The'll fit , no sweat. I have 42's and awhile ago it was only 11", 38's will fit fine.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Kameron,

8" for 38's will be fine. I can think of at least 2 members here who run that setup with NO cutting and it works fine.

That much lift will be stiff enough to prevent flexing, and will keep the tires off the fenders. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 1bigchev

1bigchev Registered Member

Greg I have 1 more question for you... you said that the springs will be stiff enough to keep me from flexing and keep the tires off the wheel wells. The only problem is that with the current set-up I have I have been in spots where the 35"s that I currently have rubbed. if the 35"s rub wont the three extra inches on the 38"s potentiate easier rubbing? If so what canI do besides stop playing so rough?
    Kameron

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I am guessing that they rubbed at the front of the rear wheels and and maybe on the "Fang" at the front of the front fender. That is where my bald 33's rubbed with a 4" lift.

If you look at the rear wheels you will notice that they are not centered in the wheel wells. If you move the rear axle back you will lessen the chance of them rubbing.

For the front most people just cut the "Fang" off.

7. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

FYI - going from 35s to 38s only gives you 1.5" in radius.

8. cleszkie

cleszkie 1/2 ton status

It also make a difference what width rim you are running, and the backspacing. A very wide rim will have interference problems with full wheel stuff in the rear and full steering lock up front where a narrower rim might not with the same tire diameter. I run 35" tires on 16.5x6 rims with a 6" lift and do not even get near the sheetmetal in full flex and steering lock. If I went to say a 10" wide rim, I'm sure that I would get some rubbage. Just my $.02.