Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire size vs fender well size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beastofablaze, Dec 20, 2005.

1. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

I tried to measure my front fenders to see how much rubber I could stuff in it and came out with 35 inches but since the tires stick out I couldn't get an exact measurement. Does this seem right for an 88 k5? I have a 6 inch lift and 35's (that measure out to 33 "real" inches) and plan on a 1 inch body lift and maybe a shackle flip. I would like to run 37's but I'm not sure I could stuff em in the fender when its flexed out. Also I might go with the teraflex revolver shackles instead of the ord shackle flip so the thing will have some flex.

I really like the shape of the stock fender wells so sawzall is out of the question at this point.:crazy:

2. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

put them on 8in wide wheels you might have a chance of not rubing.

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Theopening size really isn't the problem in the front. It's the axles location. AS the suspension moves up it also moves back..into the lower lip on the back of the front fender. I could make my 33's rub with 4" springs. If you don't want to cut at all 35's is pushing it if your suspension flexes at all. The best option would be to redrill your spring perches and move the axle forward an inch or inch and a half. I wont promise they wont rub still, but it will help. You can trim that bottom rear corner of the fender and still keep the "body line". I have my front axle forward 1 inch and run ~5" of lift with 37's on 10" wide rims and 4.25" of back spacing. I still rub a little on the inner fender, but it's smooth there so it doesn't really hurt anything.

Hope this helps.:D

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

This pic doesn't show it real well, but it's all I have at work. You can kinda see how the front is cut. It's pretty conservative. I'll throw up another pic when I get home.

Edit added a couple pics

[​IMG]

105_0561.JPG

104_0480.JPG

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005