Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire size

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Sep 20, 2004.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Why is that a 36 inch IROK is the eact same size as a 37 inch bogger and a 37 inch ssr. They are all 36.8 inches. Also do to the lighter weight of an Irok do you think a 10 bolt could hold 39.5x13.5x17 inch Iroks. It will see some rough wheeling but is unlocked in the front for now. Or do to the fact that I want to prerun it should I just take the 36 inch irok.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

#1 the IROK is truer to its size than any other tire

#2 hell no, there is no way that 39.5s will allow a 10 bolt to live in anything but puddle jumping or mall crawling.

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

36'S IT IS THANKS TIM

4. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

Man be careful. I have the radial version of the 36x13.50X16.5 IROK's and two of them are so out of round that my truck shakes real bad. Be sure to look at them while they are balanceing them and make sure they don't wobble or look out of round. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

An Interco tire out of round? You've got to be kidding! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Actually, I am starting to believe that it is against Interco's manufacturing policy to make round tires. They are way over-priced for the quality.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    They are way over-priced for the quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they're not, they're just simply not made for road use despite the DOT approval.

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    An Interco tire out of round? You've got to be kidding! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Actually, I am starting to believe that it is against Interco's manufacturing policy to make round tires. They are way over-priced for the quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you BUT only one tire falls into that catagory and that tire would be the Thornbird. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif