Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tim_87, Mar 4, 2002.

1. tim_87

tim_87 1/2 ton status

i know this ? has been here before but here it is again. i have a 2" ez ride lift to install. ? is 33 or 35" tires
    going to be the best fit

2. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

33's will work OK if you're careful about wheel offset choice. 35's will require some sheetmetal trim more likely. I ran 35's on 3" lift for some time but I had sheetmetal trimmed in front wheelwell.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You will have less sheetmetal interference with 33's. If you are not affraid to cut up your fenders then you can fit 35's. I run 32's with a 21/2" lift, and I don't rub that I can tell. You could also install a 1" zero rate add a leaf from Offroad Desigh when you install the 2" springs, and clear 35's better if you want to run 35's.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i run 2.5in lift and 38's /forums/images/icons/smile.gif but i did some fender trimming /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    What gears do you have?That would(to me) decide what size tires to run.I would try and stay with 33's with 2" lift,UNLESS you're like me and don't mind sawzalling them fenders!You can also install some longer front shackles to give you 1/2" to 1" lift.35's will difinetly rub with 2" lift,33's might rub...but can be installed with minor work.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

33s WILL rub if it's wheeled with a 2" lift. With 35s, you either hack your fenders or your fenders will hack your tires.

7. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

33's will clear with 2"lift. may need to trim slightly. I ran 33s with trimmed fenders and no lift that would slightly rub at full flex. I'm running 35s now with 4" lift and trimmed fenders- no rubbing at all. 35's with 2" list will need lots of cutting.

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

who needs fenders? take off fenders and strap on some 44"s

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i ran 33's with no lift and never rubbed even once /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif and i wheeled very hard including jumping my blazer i also scored a 704 on a 23 degree rti ramp and never rubbed it all depends on what offset your rims are if you have a negitive offset they will rub if you have a positive offset they wont rub

10. johnnyK5

johnnyK5 Registered Member

If I were you I would trim the fenders and use the 35's. I have run 33x12.5x15 BFG M/T's for 4 years and all they ever did was pry the fender trim off the bottoms of the front fenders at full flex.

11. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Don't be afraid to trim those fenders. I trimmed mine and I was supprised how easy it was, and I'm glad I did it. I have about one inch of lift plus a one inch body lift with 35 inch BFG Muds. No rubbing at all and I just did Upper Woodpecker this past weekend.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It all depends on the make of the tire not all 33's are 33" and same goes for 35's. Iused to run 33" BFG's on with my 4" TC lift but I kept on rubbing under full compresion. I cut the finders back aruund 2" or basicly to the inner finder well. After that I would just rub the finder well. Now I got 35's and I dont plan on pushing it untill I go to a 6" lift.