Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Size

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by notyourmomssuv, Jun 18, 2002.

1. notyourmomssuv

notyourmomssuv Newbie

Just purchased a 70 Blazer, almost all stock. It has p26570r15's and no lift. I want to go to a 31". My mechanic says stay stock. Will the 31 have any noticeable negative effect on perfomance and handling. I will probably go to a 2" lift in the future. Thanks.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I think you could get away with 31s with no problems. that size tire is still reletivly small. You may rub a bit on more twisty stuff but all in all shold be fine.
    Good Luck and Welcome! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

I have 31's on mine and there is no problem with stock height. Anytime you add height you will negatively impact performance, mileage my increase slightly since you're turning lower RPM's on the hiway. The gear ratio will also determine the effect of bigger tires on performance. (i.e. if you have 3.07 gears and huge tires your performance will really suck)

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

mine is stock and i have had 33's on it with no problems. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif it will suck more gas though. if you want it big you wont care about that stuff though. your choice

nathan