Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Sizes

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by chasliss, Jul 5, 2002.

1. chasliss

chasliss Newbie

What size tire will fit on a stock 92 GMC Yukon 6 bolt rim? No lift kit. Current tire size is 265/75 16
    Charlie

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Mr. Sawzall will make every tire fit. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. altaboy8

altaboy8 Registered Member

those are like a 31. id say u could go with a 32 inch or a 33 if u dont offroad and if u sawzall like the guy below said in ur fender well.

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Incase brakeing out the sawzall isnt something you want to do lol, it seems that every truck can be slightly different. Ive known people to fit 33s with no rub with fourwheeling and Ive known others that rub just turning the corner. If I were you I would run down to les shwab or another good tire store and have them roll a few out for you. I did that for my 93. It was slightly taller then most but it had no lift.
    You can also go and search for Tire Size charts...
    There is a bunch of them out there. Some LIft manufacturers will have Tire size charts that tell you how big you can go before you need a lift. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

My Dad's 95Z71 had 285??/16 on the stock rims and they never rubbed. The he got new wheels which sit the tire out a little bit farther, but not much and he also got the 305??/16 which rubbed so he went back down to the 285 but these also rub, not bad and he lives with it. I have seen stock trucks with stock wheels running the 305 but I Don't know if they rubbed or not. Do like ChevyHuny said and go get them to put some on and see what fits.

James