Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire storage ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Oct 3, 2001.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> What is the best way to store a set of 35" tires that are mounted on rims for the winter ? Are there any ways that would be bad for them ? I have a brand new set that I haven't put on due to other projects and I more than likely won't put them on until Spring now but don't want to find out that one has a huge bulge in it or something due to the way they've sat for a long period of time ............ Any thoughts ??

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well...i have stacked them in the past flat, one on top of the other covered in a trap, no problems...but i live in sunny NorCal...

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I usually just lean them against the garage wall, with a canvas tarp over the top of them, and rotate them a quarter turn every couple of weeks. Our winters obviously not as harsh as yours, but it works fairly well.

Of the 5 toughest dogs in the neighborhood, my cat's ranked #3
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I store mine with cardboard in between them....and cover them

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

5. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

the best way to store them is standing upright, if you stack, the bottom tire can get seriously funky. If you must stack them flat for space reasons, try to rotate them regularly, so no one tire spends any length of time under the weight of the other three.

BTW, nice pics of your new floor.

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Thanks guys ........... I should realy get my poop together and put them on the K5, but too much to do in little time .

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !