Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire thoughts/opinions

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

When I need to get a new set of tires, I was thinking about getting the Mickey Thompson Baja Belted... Anyone have experience with them? Opinions? consider the daily driven weekend warrior Blazer with 3" front 5" rear lift.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Good for snow and sand, that's it. I'd go for the BFG KM's. They are a great tire for daily drivers. Also, the pro comps seem to be a decent tire too. Ask Frank and Jason, I know they run/have ran them. I have 38" swampers that are probably going to get taken off and sold pretty soon. I think I am going to stick with 35" KM's since it is a daily driver.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i really like my 35" procomp MTs. Only tire in that size class I'd rather have would be 37" MTRs. From everything i have seen, procomps are pretty comparable to BFGs. MTRs seem to be the best thing going right now. They are great for rocks, and beat bias Swampers in fourwheels mud tire test. Not bad. With ur amount of lift etc, Id get the 37 mtrs and then trim fenders to fit. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I have read countless threads about Mickey's wearing out quickly, but can't say that from personal experience.

I run the Pro Comp X Terrains, but only have about 1000 miles on them. So far I love them on the road, and the siping has been great in rain. Can't say how they do offroad yet but look like they'll be great in sand and for trail runs. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Best thing about the Pro Comp's is you can wait for 4WPW to put them on sale on their 'buy 3, get the 4th free' program they run every few months. That's how I bought mine in December...........

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the thoughts... with the relatively small lift I am running I was thinking about a 32 - 33" tire, but I just got a set of 10" wheels from zcarczar and dont want to run a 32 x 11.5 on them. The 33's will work well and they are everywhere so I might go with them instead of a 32... even though I kinda like the way the 32's look :P the MT's come in a 32 x 14.5 which would work really well, but if they are a crap tire I dont want to even bother.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

32-33s? gah, come on now, you know you want 35s at least! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i hafta agree totally on a daily driver you dont want the mickeys...a friend of mine has a set of 32/11.50 pro comp muds....for sale..hes asking 250 obo...they have like 85-90% tread left....

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

yes I do want 35's... I admit it... but right now I am thinking 33's.

When I get a little more $$ under my belt to do the mods I really want (14Bff, D60, lockers) I will go into the 35 range. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif