Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire tube questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Jun 9, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

I just bought a set of 38.5 x 15 x16.5 gumbo mudders, tread is awesome but I fear one of them has a small pin hole in the side wall. I wanted to find tube to fit the tire so I don't have to use it for a swing. Where can I get a tube this big? Are there any major avantages or disadvantages? I have heard having a tube in the tire is handy for low pressure situations. Will I still be able to seat the bead on the rim with a tube inside? If anyone knows info is most greatly appricated.
    Thanx,
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'm not sure about the bead but I got a tube for my 38.5 through Big O tire. It was marked for a 33 but they said it would handle a 38. I figured it was better than nothing and it only cost me about $25. I would say it's worth a try, besides they make tubes for a lot bigger tires than 38's so why wouldn't it work?

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....