Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire Warranty, Yes or No???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big Blzn, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Getting a new set of BFG AT in 35" this weekend. Do any of you think it is worth the $80 - $100 for the warranty. They are all about the same coverage. I just don't do enough hard wheeling that i have ever punctured a sidewall or anything similar. You think it's good insurance? Let me know.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I assume thats the total for all 4 tires?

I bought some BFG AT's (33") put them on my truck, drove a few hundred miles, (mostly street) noticed a nail in the sidewall. Tire replacement was free, no questions, $25 to get another certificate for the tire.

Paid for the warranty the first tire.

Had a buddy get a stick through the side of his brand new $100+ 2wd truck tires on the street, no warranty. :(

My tires came from Discount as well.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I always get it, and from Discount tire. I had one through a Goodyear tire shop but it was worthless...it was prorated from day one depending on tread life. The discount tire one is full replacement as long as there is the minimal amount of tread on the tire. When getting into really expensive tires it makes perfect sense to buy it...for example my MT/Rs were $400 a pop and the warranty was $50/tire. I know i won't have $400 to spare if something happens, but $50 is probably doable.

4. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

Do you not have a discount tire in your area? The tires should come with a warranty. . if you can get them at costco.

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Have it, will conitinue to get it for any expensive truck tires.

6. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got a quote from discount tire before I started this thread and the price looks good (to me) $845.84 OTD for 35" BFG AT's. 4wp was 880.00 OTD. The warranty from discount tire is $22/tire. Looks like I'm getting the warranty and getting it from D.T. Thanks for the input fellas.

7. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

You shold see if costco sells them, they have a really good warranty, its prorated if you need a new tire, I never spend more than $20 bucks on tires.

8. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I just purchased my new 35" Buckshot Mudders from Discount(3rd set of tires this year, my DD, wifes DD, Blazer). I always get the warranty, it is worth it they finance also.

The DT shop here will price match also, Tire Rack, National Tire & Wheel.

I got them to come off $20 a tire for my 35"s.:eek1:

Larry