Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire wear

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NYC K5, Apr 4, 2000.

1. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

my front tires wear extreemly rapidly on the outboard of the front tires, but they are like brand new on the inboard side. im running 31*10.5 bfg at. im was told to adjust the camber(wheel tilt) but how do you do it with full axles? is this just a blazer thing?

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I'd check the toe-in first, i had the same problem a couple years ago, got it aligned, the guy said the toe was way off, now they wear alot better.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

3. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

I have a problem with all four of my tires. There's chunks of side wall missing. Big hunks of the tread haved been ripped out. The sidewalls are gouged and cut up. The balance weights have been ripped off and the wheels have been dented and ground away. Is this an alignment problem? Oh yea I did that. Seriously though I would take a good look at your tie rod, more then likely it has a bend in it and that changes your tire alignment. Staighten it or better yet replace it.
    CB

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

......and use the brake pedal before turning.

lol

the Goose

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

check your tie rods and linkage. look at your suspension components like the ball joints upper and lower control arms and bushings to.

6. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

but then id wear my brakes! lol

people who say size doesnt matter, have small things, and im not compensating.