Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire/wheel deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stizkidz, Apr 22, 2005.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Locally, a guy offerred me 4 wheels/tires plus 2 new tires for $600. The wheels are steel 15x10" 8 lug. Mounted and balanced on them are 37x12.50x16 Super Swamper TSL Radials with 50% tread. They are also all beadlocked. He is also including 2 of the same tires only they are brand new and un mounted. Is this package worth spending $600 on? To install these on my K5, I am going to have to cut the fenders plus it is a major stretch putting these on my front 10 bolt. He also offerred to sell me a set of 4 unmounted and used TSL's (non radial) size 38.5 for $300.

2. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yeah if they are true beadlocks thats not a bad deal for six tires and a set of beadlocks. Just make sure they aren't those crappy streetlocks. And 300 for the 38's isn't bad if they have decent tread..........I wish I was closer I'd do it.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

um you said 15" rim and tire is 16" rim what is it or did you just miss type. and sounds great deal for both deals.

4. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Sorry, yes I mistyped. Both are 16" tires/wheels. I am just trying to figure out if I need to do a body lift or just all out fender trim to get em to fit. I am going from 35"s to 37"s.

5. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

if you wheel your rig hard enough a 3in body lift will need trimming also, just get the 37s and get a good clean cut on the sheetmetal :D