Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tire & Wheel package deals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Apr 20, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm going to buy a package deal from 4-Wheel Parts Wholesalers pretty soon. I have a question for someone thats done this before:
    I'm worried that if they deliver all the tires to my house and I'm gone that they'll just leave everything sitting on my porch ready to get stolen. Does the delivery truck make sure someones home first so this doesn't happen???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Buyer be ware, I sure hope they sold you Full-Cover Insurence.
    Its the law in some states(LOL)
    Do you fell lucky ?
    Really good luck, most shipper have a brain(wheather they use it is open for debate)

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Problem solved I think. I called around and the place with the lowest price, National Tire & Wheel, said that the drivers don't really care if they just drop it off. So I got permission from where I work at, and I'm going to have the tires/wheels delivered up there. I feel much safer doing that.
    Friggin' 4-Wheel Parts Wholesalers wanted almost $40 more to ship the exact same thing. And the guy on the phone said that was half price. What a dork. I bought my lift kit from those guys a year ago and had problems. Everyone I've talked to on their 800 number is rude and dumb.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. 88Jimmy

88Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have used National Tire & Wheel for my lift and tires
    they are a great company and I got my stuff in less than 7 days

350 Vortec TPI D60 14Bolt 4"lift 35 BFG A/T

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

If they ship them UPS, then they will leave them at a residential address, but a signature is required for business addresses, so see if your boss will let you have them delivered to your work, plus business to business rates can be lower than residential rates, if they ship them via a frieght carrier, then i think a signature is required, but i'm betting that they do it ups.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

6. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

they will call you to set up a date i got my rims\tires frm them tsl 1300 bucks a dam good deal i got

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> feel free to drop them off at my house , I'll try and send them out to you then .

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I got my tires / rims from the m and I was given a call on the phone as to when they'd be delivered .....I was real happy with the package and the shipping arrangements.

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I drove 30 miles to get mine because the trucking company wouldn't drop them off at the house without a signature or someone being home. You can't send 35s with UPS.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I've had tons of stuff delivered to my work ....it makes it so much easier .

L8r,

11. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Dude, why are you getting new tires and wheels? You have brand new ones. I need Boggers, but what's your excuse? haha

Pedal mashed and KICK'N ASS!
    WFO! Wide [censored]'n OPEN!

12. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm not getting new tires. Check out the date on that post I made. Someone dragged it back to the top from April of 2000. I couldn't believe it when I saw my name on that post...I was like...I haven't asked that question in a longggg time.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

13. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

They shouldn't leave the package there. Call the freight company and set up a time. They will call if you ask them to b4 they deliver. When I got mine they were black wall out (I specified white letter out)...the wheels where 5 bolt pattern (duh...I have a 1/2 ton 4x4 GM). Can't get them on my truck...had to send them back...4 weeks of wasted time. Beware...check everything when it arrives. By the way...this was not the only foul up they did on my order. Could tell you about the others. I can tell you that I wouldn't order from them again. I was naive and had little experience with CK5 website at the time. Take the advice from this site. It sure does help.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

14. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I worked with a local tire shop and they matched the package price from 4WP WITH road hazard!!!! Doesn't hurt to ask.

Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey Klunky, I got a tire and wheel package from Tyres International and had better luck with them rather than National. The prices and shipping were cheaper. I did get center caps and lug nuts too.

BTW, are these tires/rims still on your rig?

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

16. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I agree with Wes. I shopped around, was about to go with National but something told me to check just one more place and viola!---Tyres International gave me the best price!!! It was about $100.00 CHEAPER than 4WPW, and that is because 4WPW is only 4 hours away! I actually got them cheaper coming to me from another friggin' state!!! Wherever you shop, be sure and ask if they will match or beat their competitors' prices. I was really happy with Tyres International and with their customer service.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.thehungeronline.com>http://www.thehungeronline.com</A>

17. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I got some of my lift stuff from Tyres and they were nice to work with, but they weren't the cheapest for my tires and wheels. For some reason National's shipping was way less and made it cheaper for me to use them. And yes they're still on my truck looking almost new. I swear I've put about 10 miles on my truck in the last year. Its been in this guys garage for the last 2 or 3 weeks getting a bunch of body work done. And when I get it back I have to finish the interior before I'll be ready to drive it anymore. Hoping to have this part of the project done by the end of July.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad