Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire widths

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fjleiter, Jan 27, 2005.

1. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what the maximum width tire you can run on a 15x7 rim? Need tires but don't have the cash for rims as well (still building motor and have a set budget for everything)

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

what size you want?

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I would venture to say 11.50 would be as wide as you want to go. I have 12.50's on an 8" wide rim. Now with that said, when you purchase your tires I would suggest you get the size you want and not the size that is limited to your rim. Tires are very expensive when you get to the 35" and up range, you don't want to regret your purchase down the road. As of right now, if I had purchased 15" rims I could be rolling on 37's for the same price I paid for my 35" MTR's on a 16" rim. Just something to think about.

4. Joshinator

Joshinator Registered Member

it really depends on what you want and your useage. I run 19.5" wide tires on a 10" wide rim with no problems:pimp: , but it never see's the street

5. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

I'd run a 10.50 on a 7in rim. Especially for street, you get better tire life when running an over wide tire for you rim.

But honestly, I'd save and get what you want, or your'll be down the road saying... "damn I wish I would have gottan...."

6. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

You can run a 33x12.5, 35x12.5, etc. w/o any problems. I wouldn't go any wider than 12.5 though.