Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

what would do better on rocks pro comp MTs or Hawgs?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

groundhawgs are a really hard compound so they might not flex to cup onto rocks so well..

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Prolly procomp MTs, though neither is especially well known for being a rock tire. If rocks r what you want to do, but u r on a budget, get some MTRs.

j

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Prolly procomp MTs, though neither is especially well known for being a rock tire. If rocks r what you want to do, but u r on a budget, get some MTRs.

[/ QUOTE ] because I also do mud and MTRs suck in the mud, I do about 50% mud and 50% rock type trails like Tellico, so Im looking for a tire that will do that and get decent mileage on the road and I know hawgs get great mileage and dont say BFG because Im looking for something in 37-38 inchs w/ 15inch rim

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

MT/Rs work fine in mud. They weren't designed as a mud tire, but they do work fine in mud...very similar to BFGs.

Since when do they make Pro-Comp MT's in 37 or 38?

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

The Pro Comp Mud's seem to do pretty damn good in the rocks for an average tire. A buddy had them on his 4Runner, and the seamed to work great for him. Not saying the a really bitchin tire, just good for what they are.

7. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    MT/Rs work fine in mud. They weren't designed as a mud tire, but they do work fine in mud...very similar to BFGs.

Since when do they make Pro-Comp MT's in 37 or 38?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have procomp mts right now and I was just seeing if Hawgs were better in rocks b/c my mts do very well but I waqnt something bigger to keep the 14 bolt from nailing rocks and anchoring me down in the and not to start a fight or anything MTRs suck ass in Georgia Clay

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

they dont make ProComp MTs in 37s... they make the X-terrain in 37, but AFAIK the biggest MT u can get is 35. AFA the GA clay goes, I wouldnt know. I do know that in four wheelers mud tire comp, the MTR destroyed the ProComp MT. In fact the only 2 tires that bear the MTR were the Bogger and the Swamper SSR. It wasnt by much, but the MTR even beat the TSL. Not bad. That said, mud in different places require different meats sometimes, so go with what works! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j