Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tired of searching some 700R4 questions....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudrunner78, May 20, 2002.

1. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

Ok I have decided to runa 700r4 in my truck, and I will hopefuly be picking up two cores in a week one's a 85, the other I belive is a 87. I need to know what do I need to install this tranny in place of a th-350. Electrical is what I am trying to get at. I know that I will need to replace the output shaft on the 700r4 to a smaller shaft. Where do I buy this shaft? Also what would you recomend for a rebuild kit, actual kits, and prices. I hope to do this rebuild myself. Will my colum shifter work or will it need to be modifed, this truck is a 78 K10. Thanks jesse

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

hit up <a target="_blank" href=http://www.advanceadapters.com>www.advanceadapters.com</a> site. i am sure they can answer most of your conversion questions. i think the first years of the 700r are junk. make sure you upgrade the hardparts, so you wont have any problems with it, go with the 87. you will also need to either relocate the engine forware a bit or relocate the tranny support. you'll need new drivelines aswell if you go the later route.
    not sure on parts, kits, or prices. i've never had one and i don't want one either...

ARQ.