Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tired of the diesel fumes!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by militaryblazer, Dec 9, 2000.

1. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

I like my diesel and I like driving with my back window down but can't stand the fumes blowing back in. Has anybody seen a good looking and performing wind deflector for the rear. I don't really care for the factory ones. My blazer is an '86.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

2. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I have a chrome / stainless steel wind deflector on the rear of my 1983 that USED to have 6.2 clanker in it, (now a 454) and it appears to be stock. Hope that helps.

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Give ya a hint...play with that thing called an EGR valve....PLUG THE LINE...that helps...also some additive will help. I found something that does it...just don't know the name!! Will inform when found out....

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

How does your exhaust exit? If its straight out the back, that would be the problem because the fumes get sucked in the cab. Mine exit pionting toward the corners and that helps with the fumes, even though I have a gasser, but i still smell them occasionally...

90K5

5. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

dude had the same prob;em.............the best place to have the exhaust exit is sideways after the back wheels. The worst is straight back.......put a gasser in it....js

6. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

i solved that problem by routing the pipes to exit in front of the rear tires. when i get my headers on i am thinking of routing the pipes about a few inches out of the muffler and down with tips under the truck.

phil

7. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

Mine exits out each corner. I like my diesel. When it goes out I want to throw in a Cummins.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mine go out the sides right AFTER the back tires...I would rather have mine exit out the front fenders straight up!!! If my apt complex complains one more time about "That fricken tractor"......show em the HP...

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

9. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I'm new to the 6.2 thing. What will plugging the EGR valve hose do?