Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TireLocs anyone running them??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by burbBoy, Apr 9, 2002.

1. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

I was looking around online at beadlocks and saw these. They sound like they would work well and are a good alternitive to a bead lock. Anyone out there have them or seen them in person??

http://www.tireloc.com/

Brian
    82 burb 10/14 bolts, 38.5's, sm465/np205

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Looks a little expensive to me when comparing them to actual beadlock wheels. 4 of them in 15x10 wheel size is over $700.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

but they are street legal and are cheaper for those of us running 16.5's.

Titanic runs them. he has for years, IIRC. Someday, i hope to be running these, mainly because of the street legal issue.

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Beadlock wheels are legal in Pa. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

there is no writen law in ca that says beadlocks are illegal...

6. roadhouse66

roadhouse66 Registered Member

Beadlocks are legal in Michigan. There a few companies making 16.5 beadlocks now, Trailready for one.

7. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Link no work.

[ QUOTE ]
    I was looking around online at beadlocks and saw these. They sound like they would work well and are a good alternitive to a bead lock. Anyone out there have them or seen them in person??
    <br>
    <br>http://www.tireloc.com/

<br>
    <br>Brian
    <br>82 burb 10/14 bolts, 38.5's, sm465/np205

[/ QUOTE ]

8. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you want double beadlocks... run 17" wheels.

If you want inexpensive beadlocks TrailReady makes them for the same price as the Tireloc system costs. Or, since you weld pretty gosh darn good buy a set of cybrfire's kits.

9. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Cybrfire is probably the direction I will go. I already have the 15 inch tires. And 44s arent cheap, so I will stick with them. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

How do you know how I weld?

[ QUOTE ]
    If you want double beadlocks... run 17" wheels.

If you want inexpensive beadlocks TrailReady makes them for the same price as the Tireloc system costs. Or, since you weld pretty gosh darn good buy a set of cybrfire's kits.

[/ QUOTE ]

10. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Didn't Greg72 have a set and really liked them?

11. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

I have them and they work great. I ran my tsl's at about 4 psi and had no problems at all. Pm me if you have any more ?'s about them.

12. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

I've had them for 8 years. I like them but they are not perfect. I wish we had a better distributor here in the US-JD'S in New York is your only option. Here's what I have told my local friends to do. Call Sweden direct and order whatever size you need but tell them you don't need the innertubes or the special valve flap. Should get a slight discount. Then call JD's and order there extra heavy duty farm equipment innertube that's much better than TireLoc's. If you make it that far e-mail me and I tell you how to make your own inflate valve out of common parts for about $5 each and they won't get knocked off or beat up rock crawling.

13. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've had them for 8 years. I like them but they are not perfect. I wish we had a better distributor here in the US-JD'S in New York is your only option. Here's what I have told my local friends to do. Call Sweden direct and order whatever size you need but tell them you don't need the innertubes or the special valve flap. Should get a slight discount. Then call JD's and order there extra heavy duty farm equipment innertube that's much better than TireLoc's. If you make it that far e-mail me and I tell you how to make your own inflate valve out of common parts for about $5 each and they won't get knocked off or beat up rock crawling.

[/ QUOTE ]]

I got the tireloc beadlock system used from aguy here in CA.
    The kevlar piece is perfect, the inner tubes are OK one is bad, and the inflating gadgets are OK but I would be interested in seing how you did yours.
    I Know Greg72 and seen his setup, he loves it and it works great.
    How much do the HD inner tubes cost? Can I get them from an industrial tire place or is it only JD that has them?
    By the way I paid $50 for all four setups. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

innertubes were about $10 each. I can send pic to an e-mail address