Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tires and lift. for my 71 k10

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wheelin72, Jul 30, 2002.

1. wheelin72

wheelin72 Registered Member

I have a 12 inch lift now made up of a rigged up suspensions lift and 3 inch body. The suspension was built mostly for show
    I want to re do all the suspension now i cant decide what to do. I mostly do sand and mud. I go to pismo and i really like it to perform well there more than anything but still be capable of everyday wheelin.
    The truck needs at least a 1 inch body to clear the motor and gas tank. IM trying to decide what tire i want to run. either 38.5 tsl or a 35 ot 36 inch swamper. I will decide what lift i need from there.
    With 35 or 36 i will probaly run a 8 or 9 inch lift. Consistin of probaly a skyjacker 8 and the body lift.
    Wtih 38.5 i will use airbag suspension that i can have built for just the supplies.
    I also need to decide if i should go with a 16 inch rim. I have a 8 lug d44 in the front with disk and the 15 inch wheels are clearing now because of the extreme offset.
    What do you all think i should do?

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hey dude, I dont really know what advice to give ya on your truck, But I noticed you are in Hanford...I knew a girl from there a few years ago. Does the name Jennifer Libby ring a bell? She got married awhile back so I don't know what her name is now....

3. wheelin72

wheelin72 Registered Member

NOpe i sure havnt. Never heard of the last name libby here.
    Did you live in hanford?