Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires and rims ??????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Does anyone make a 36 X 14.50 X 16 in a fairly cheap mud tire ????? And how about 8 lug 16 X 12 rims with 4" back spacing and 2.5" back spacing ????? planning on the 2.5" back spacing on the rear to line everything up without useing spacers. Plus I love that deep dish look !!!!!!!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Goddamn, those things are going to stick out like 6 inches... </font color>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

like hummer width huh?

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Don't think anyone makes a 36" mud tire besides the ground hawg/buckshot type. Been looking myself in a 16"rim, and no luck besides swampers. Post up if ya find something, I'd be interested! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looked at the ground hawgs. The wider ones in 36" are only offered in 15" rim and 16.5" rim /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif And the buckshots in 36" are made in a 16" rim size, but are super skinny, tread width is only 9". Probably not what you're lookin for. http://www.ntwonline.com/ntw0799/pages/mudders.html

5. JoseK5

JoseK5 Registered Member

Check out Parnelli Jones. If you use different backspacing wheels, consider having one spacer handy for when u have a flat at the rear, since your spare rim will be the one with the bigger backspacing.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the really wide look, I'd use 15's if I could find them. I'm not oposed to 16.5's either.

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

There is a dude around here that runs 2.5 BS with some Stuckbirds, and not only do they look rediculous, they hang up on sh!t like crazy. K5's are wide as it is, having 14.50's hanging out another 4 inches on each side doesn't help. You can imagine the grooves in the tread from where those hogs 'touch' the fender lip... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif