Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TIRES: Cooper Discover AT anyone used them or heard

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zach78k5, Apr 17, 2001.

1. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

anyone heard anything about the cooper discover AT. they are supposed to be comparable to the BFG AT is what i heard. they are like 150 bucks cheaper for the set of 4 from a tire dealer near me. he is giving me a deal. any experience with handling, snow, etc.

2. surg82k5

surg82k5 1/2 ton status

Well I haven't ever driven them in snow being that I live in South Texas but I know that they wear really well and they do well in sand and in the mud. If you do lots of highway driving I would recommend them. Mine are 32x11.50.

sergio

3. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

This is one of the tires I install for a living so I have a lot of experience with them. I have yet to see anyone come back with a problem with one i.e. a slipped belt or out of round. They are also built very well, tread wears real good and so on. The only downfalls are the sidewalls feel a little weak and the tread isnt real agressive. But they would be a perfect mostly on road and some off road tire. Dont expect them to be like a mud terrain 'cause they wont. But like I said they wear great and very evenly, unlike a lot of BFGs ive put on. I hope this helps.

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I've got a pair on my Blazer now... They are not very good for off-road, and are especially BAD in the mud...[​IMG] they got me stuck (lol, yea it was all the tires, NOT)... Really the tread does not clean at all...

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

My Suburban had a set of 33X12.50s on it when I got it. They had some miles on them, but there was tread left. Two of them were severely out of round, and they were the noisiest SOBs I have ever heard, especially for an A/T. I replaced them with a set of BFG A/Ts, and it is like night and day. I would never buy a Cooper tire. Some people seem to swear by them, but I only swore at them.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

6. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

Tire research never ends on this site does it?

I would love to find a set of tires for my daily driver that wear well and are easier on the old wallet.

Not saying I want cheap tires, but my god, a set for under 400 bills would be nice. My other half just about shot me after I bought my truck and wanted to replace the tires.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

One of the other techs at our shop came from a shop that sold them and he had 4 on his Burb. They lived pretty long and didn't have many prob's, but he switched to Kelly AWR's and said was a big difference... better traction and cleaning in the snow and quieter. Generally hear you either swear by cooper or swear at them LOL... like was stated... Kinda like Firestone and Michlien... Love or Hate

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

My brother loves them.

[​IMG]If you don't like my driving, <font color=red> get back on the road.</font color=red> [​IMG]