Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tires & drive shaft ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 305twistedchevy, Sep 24, 2002.

1. 305twistedchevy

305twistedchevy Registered Member

might sound stupid but i have a 87 k5 all stock but with a 12 bolt my question is what's the biggest tires that i can put on my ride with out hitting right now i have
    32-12.50-15's all around i was wondering what's the buiggest like i said it is stock not looking to lift at this time but will lift in needed
    and also if i put a 4" lift in will i need to lengthen my rear drive shaft any info will thanks

2. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

It all depends. I've got 33 12.50's on mine with no lift. They only rub if I'm in a tight right turn and the passenger side is flexed up. I don't have a whole lot of tread on mine (A.T.'s) and I imagine if I had swampers I'd be rubbing in about every turn. I have them mounted on stock 15x8 rally wheels which pulls them in and keeps them from rubbing on the outer fender. I don't think you could go bigger without trimming or lifting.

3. 305twistedchevy

305twistedchevy Registered Member

ok cool i forgott to say my rims are 15-10 steels with 32.12.50.15's thanks for the info

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I have 35s with a 4" lift. I haven't had to replace my drive shaft, yet, it it is in the plans tho.

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i have 4 inch lift and 35's no problems.only one is my front driveshaft is a little short.i actually pulled it apart catching a little air out in the desert.i still need to replace that someday.