Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires & Fenders??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pitbulls'n'blazers, Jan 23, 2006.

1. pitbulls'n'blazers

pitbulls'n'blazers Registered Member

First off I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I don't feel like going through 10,000 posts right now,I like to use the search but not right now.For my first question,can I cut the fenders to fit bigger tires like 35's and 36's without a lift?My 2nd question is,after I cut could I put some kind of fender flares to make it look better?

Thanks and sorry if this is old news :o .But I gotta go! Talk to ya later.

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

yes you could fit 36's with alot of fender cutting, i think some guy on here is running 40's with no lift but with an insane amount of fender trimming. id try it if i had money to burn right now.

they make fender flares for blazers but nothing probibly as big as what you would need, might want to check for different applications. fender flares are cheesy though and break off easy.

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

on top of fender triming you will probably need to clearance the firewall with a BFH or use a zero-rate to move the axle forward. If you want your fenders to still have some sort of finished look you could weld a piec of 1/4" round stock to your new opening

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Grab a JC Junkyard...er Whitney catalog. They have cheap rubbery flares and nice Bushwhakers. You could do 33's with just some trimming but the 35's or 36's will need a little more persuasion. A 2" lift would help alot but it can be done with just a saw and sledge.

5. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

6. pitbulls'n'blazers

pitbulls'n'blazers Registered Member

Thanks guys for helping me out. There is alot of good lookin' rigs on this forum,and I think I might just put on a 2,3, or 4" lift with some trimming.For right now I'm going to be running 33's with no lift because I'm not going to be doing any major rock crawling or any thing,so next I'll put on maybe a 4" lift,some trimming and maybe 36" tire's?? :thumb:

Thanks again guys!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006