Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires rim

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Aug 28, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Getting ready to buy rims and tires. Want radial mud 38 size. I have a 14ff with disc rear, 60 front. Can I get away with a 16 inch rim, if so, what is best tire and largest radial. Looking at TSL radial, SSR, or Parnelli Jones. Don't know anything about Parnelli, but haven't heard anything bad. Are the 38.5 worth it over 37.5 SSR in reference to true tire diameters? Thanks for any info on this one.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What do you plan on doing with it, what kind of tranny do you have, and what's your rear gear ratio?

Given those as choices, I'd go with the SSRs.

My next set of tires will be 37" Boggers. I have 35" BFGs now and I'm very happy with them, but I've learned that having street tires and having mud tires is the best way to have optimum off-road performance.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

4.56, D60, 14ff, on and off road. Will a 15 inch rim work if I am willing to grind the calipers, and if so, how much. Do most 15 rims come in eight lug?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

4. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I had 38 TSL Radials on my Dodge. They were on there over 2 years when I traded the truck in. They still looked new. I ran them at 26 PSI year round. They rode better than my 35 BFG MTs. The only draw back was that they were not very wide. They read 38-15-15. It may have been 38-15.50-15 but they didnt look very wide I ran them on 15 x 10 wheels.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Most companies sell a 15x10 8 lugger but you have to use steel wheels!
    Bart, ARE, US Wheel are all companies that make'em!

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>