Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires size recommendations???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cryptobiotic, Jan 8, 2003.

1. cryptobiotic

cryptobiotic Registered Member

I have a 4' Rancho lift, i am planning an axle swap soon, i was wondering if i can fit 38' tires underneath with a 4' lift?? I was going to go with new 35's but i was wondering if anyone has anything bigger than 35's on a 4' lift, and how much fender cutting do you have to do?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You should be able to fit 38s easily under a 4' lift. Now, a 4" lift is a different story. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You could probably squeeze em in there with lots of cutting, have to trip back to the firewall and pound the body seam flat to minimize it as much as possible. If you run the narrow 38s then it would be a bit easier. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I got 39.5's on a 4" lift,they are on 8" wide rims.Alot of cutting,but with patience you can make the cuts look factory.Also I run no front wheelwells,and longer front springs(moved the diff forward 1/2").

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i run 38's with only 2.5in lift so yes you can fit 38's with 4in lift /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

4'
    48"
    Wow, I think the only legal way you can run that much lift is if you put 44s on 10 bolts and run 6 chrome shocks per side (federal regulations.)

It depends on how much you like your fenders the way they are. If it's a rust bucker, chop them to bits and fit the 38's. If you can't stand the thought of that much cutting, get a 6" and you won't have to cut nearly as much.
    -- Mike

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wouldn't go bigger than 35s myself, hate non-functionality and I think if you can't articulate much or travel through half your suspension without contacting something its just stupid. And yeah you can remove inner fender wells and cut fenders but that looks like crap to me and makes it quite easy to cover your beautiful hard working v8 beast with mud :-/ thats not very nice of you.

7. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

On 4 inches No Body Lift mine should fit 39.5's fully articulated. I haven't bought the tires yet but with my 35-15.5 TSL SXs fully turned and stuffed I am 2.5" from hitting anything. With inner fender wells still protecting the engine. I had to cut the back of them off though. I have my shocks in stock location up front with 5112s out back in custom locations but it ramps over 700 rti on a 30 degree ramp so you can clear 38's and still wheel your rig expecially the 38x13x16 TSL's. That is the size I like.

Dave Cowley

8. K5on38s

K5on38s Registered Member

Well im running 6" of lift and 38.5x16x15 and i got about 2-3" between tir and the wheels wells w/o cuttin so if you dont wanna cut anything you prolly wanna go to 8...but youll prolly rub under heavy articulation

9. mudhog

hey i have 38's and only 2.5in lift and still have my iner fenderwells and can MAX OUT a 23 degree rti ramp without hitting anything /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif why lift it sky high and make it more top heavy when you dont have to? look at my pics and tell me if you think it looks like sh!t /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

i agree why go top heavy ! do the 4inch like you want and cut to fit 38's maybe even 37's /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I looked at your pic's and the only thing I'll say is whats up with the ugly wheels /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But for the record I'm running a 2.5 with a 1in body and 35's I've been thinking of going to a 37x12.5r17 so your truck has given me hope that it will fit just fine. And yes the fenders are cut.

Eric

12. mudhog

hey i needed 8 lug wheels and they were free so i couldnt pass them up lol ya you can fit 37's if not break out the sawsall /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif