Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires, soft top

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Nov 22, 2005.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I have a black 91 k5. I plan on leaving it stock height for now. I would like opinoins on a couple things. First tires, I'm getting bfg at's next week but I havent figured out if I should mount them lettering out or in. I have factory alloys if that matters. Last, I plan going with a fast-trac top (the hard top and rear window guts are going to cost the same as a soft top and will more of a PITA to fix). The delima is what color? Black would match but fade over time, Grey would be a chioce, Kacki or spice are also a choice. The later two have the advantage of not fading as much over time but would they look good on a black K5?. Also, vinal or denim? This will be a DD 90% of the time and easy trails and beaches the rest of the time.

Thanks.

2. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

On the top, if you want grey but like black. Get the black for awhile and when it fades you will have your grey. Denim is a better choice to me. I have a vinyl and it ages quickly. My neighbor bought the denim and know I wish I did. Tires need to be letters in. All black on a black rig. Just my 3 cents.

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Get Bfg Mud Terrains instead of the ATs. Blackwall out....always.