Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tires w/ a 6" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by joe84bb, May 9, 2001.

1. joe84bb

joe84bb Registered Member

what can I put under an '84 w/ 6" of suspension lift an' trimmed frnders? I'd like to get those shackles for the front spring to make 'er sit up level, but will that help any as far as stuffing more rubber under there? I've got 15x12 wheels, can I go with a 17" wide tire?

I know just enough to know that I'll never know enough.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: tires w/ a 6\" lift

alot of people ride with 35's or 36's with that kinda lift without fender triming. Can you post a pic of your truck so we can get an idea of how much fender trimming is done?

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

It totally depends on how much fender you trim. A couple years ago I saw a K-5 with 44's with only a four inch lift but MAJOR fender trimming. I think he also moved the front axle forward a bit.

That's because I'm the devil.

4. joe84bb

My fenders have been trimmed eunf to accomodate 33 x 13.50 baja claws w/ a 2" lift. That's what I had before the 6. As far as a picture, that'll take a couple of days. maybe I should get one scanned on here and post my query later.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I have a 6" lift. I had 36" Dick Cepeks under there (33's now). No fender trimming and they rubbed....if I would have trimmed they would have cleared easy....they were 16.50" wide on a 15x10 rim. Weren't too wide for me and never had that problem......

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

6. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

with a body saw you can put any size tire you want on there.

7. joe84bb

what would it take to clear 38's?

8. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Simple, I have seen many trucks, Burbs, and Blazers with a 6" suspension and 38's. All the guys do are put those Bushwacker Fender Cut-outs on the fender. Looks really good, but you have to sacrifice the fender. Personally, I like the look of my 9" suspension with 38's. You shouldn't have a problem with a 6" and 38's. I'm talking about the wide 38's too.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos