Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jerseyk5, Mar 4, 2001.

1. jerseyk5

jerseyk5 Registered Member

Need some new sneakers and not sure what type to get. I currently have DCFCR 36 x15 x 15's that are 9 years old, still have a little tread but the side walls are really starting to crack. I was thinking about going with DC Kevlars this time but I read some other posts about how bad DC's are and now Im not sure. Mine lasted 9 years, but maybe I got lucky set. I drive back and fourth to work about 20 miles round trip so its not like I put alot of mileage on them.l was thinking Gumbo mudder radials perhaps, anybody got any Ideas?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have Swamper Radials and I love them. No flatspots like the bias swampers on the CJ i had, noise is tolerable and they arent that bad on the street either.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I had the Cepek Fun Country 36x16.50x15's radials (now known as Kevlars)....I liked em but they wore too quick for daily driving. Especially the rear ones. I never had the side wall rot problem but they did crack. Of course I drove them into the ground. They were great if you ask me for the mud. I dug out of some deep stuff with them. Of course they cost about $300 a pice which is the biggest draw back...but when I can swing it I want another set.....

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

4. jerseyk5

jerseyk5 Registered Member

Anyone heard anything good about Parnelli Jones Dirt grip radials?