Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by peanut05, Jan 25, 2006.

1. peanut05

peanut05 Newbie

I am thinking of getting 33" buckshots and i just wanted to know if they were good and if there was anything better.

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Their ok for an inexpensive tire. I would go BFG M/T or Goodyear M/T. Ive gone through 4 sets of BFG's and love em. Id get Goodyears but the BFG's are cheaper.

Also what will be the use of your rig? Is it a DD? Off road use only? Street and off road? If I was just going Mudding I'd get a Bogger, if I had a mall cruiser I would probly go SSR and if I just cruised the highway or did towing I would probly go BFG A/T. It all depends on what you want out of your tire.

3. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

number one rule, like its been said a million times before, y'all need to let us now what your planning on using the rig for!

number two rule, buckshots are waay waay better tire in every possible catagory than a BFG, like its been said a million times and previously mentioned, "ive gone though four sets of them and love um" probably because they dont last.

but thats what my experience with them is, its all in preferance. but again DONT rule out any possible tire and choose whats in your price rance, check load range, tire wear and drivability charts first

LUKE

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Or I had 4 different vehicles. :rolleyes: Ive run them on a S-10, K5, Z71, and K20 P/U. I tried BFG's and liked 'em. I know how they ride. Ive read stuff all over the board on Buckshots. They are loud, they are quiet, wear too quick, wear like iron. So I am just going by experience and staying with BFG, I have a buddy who goes with Goodyear so I know how they act.

But we could argue about this all day... Like Chevy vs. Ford, this tire compared to that tire.

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am running a set of Maxxis Buckshot Mudders right now (315/75/16), and I am very happy with them. They handle well on the street, and are good for easy to mid-level off roading (if you plan on hard core wheeling, get somthing more agressive). I have about 10,000 miles on them, and they still have about 70% tread left. I will probably get another 20,000 out of them. The only draw back with Maxxis Buckshots is...the sidewalls are thin, but so are almost all radial tires.

If I had a choice between BFG M/T and Maxxis Buckshot Mudder I would choose the BFG's because they are a better quality tire, but cost more because of this.